Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Fabric Rosettes/Rolled flowers 2

So I LOVE the method of making them on a felt cirlce. It makes it much easier and you can effect the shape more, so it's not so disc-like (my son likes to call them flying saucers. He wants me to make him one so he can use it like a frisbee...gotta love boys :) I used two strips of fabric on this one, I just laid the red one over the blue one, tied a knot in the top:

glued the knot to the center of a felt circle:

and started not twisting, but more like folding over each other like so:
I was always putting a dab of glue on the part of felt where I was going to lay my fabric down on. Glue your spot, fold your fabric, stick fabric on glue. Glue the next spot, fold, stick fabric on glue. Does that make sense? :)
Here is one type I made for some girls who wear school uniforms of the colors red, white and blue. They look sooo cute in their hair! (no pic of them, but here it is by itself)

Here's the alligator clip with a strip of felt inbetween its, uh, jaws? ;)

and here's the back:
I know I already mentioned this in the previous post, but I glue the clip upside down, it fits better and seems to work just fine. I wore one on the back of my head to a soccer game and spent most of the time chasing kids, so I think it works :) I'll have to test one on the front of my head next.

No comments: