Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I need help!!!

So this isn't posting any useful information. I just need help and thought this would be a great place to find it. I just got put in charge of our neighborhood/ward Christmas Party for 2009 (I know I'm a little early, but if I can get some ideas now it won't be as stressful then) I was hoping to catch you before Christmas was completely out the door! So, my idea is to have "A Night at Bethlehem" and turn the gymnasium/ or field across the street into a recreation of Bethlehem. I want to have tax collectors (Roman Soldiers) at the entrance collecting the taxes (canned food for our canned food drive) and then you enter in to the city where there are different shops--ie a carpenter shop, a bakery (serving scones), an Inn with no room and then a live Nativity next to it. Then as they leave I want to have the Wise men coming bringing gifts to everyone with some type of something with the thought, "Wise men seek Him Still" Anyhow, so I am wondering if any of you have been to a live nativity or something similar to this and looking for ideas for additional "shops" and things. Thanks so much for your help!!

2 comments:

proudmamablogga said...

I only remember going to one of these when I was a kid. We had to dress up in Bethlehem attire. I thought that was awesome. bathrobes, towels on our heads. Go for it.

Ann Sorensen said...

Something the wiseman could hand out at the door could be a poem or thought on a piece of paper that is rolled up like a scroll. You could also use the symbols of Christmas as some of the gifts you hand out.