Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Daisy Cake




I made this Birthday cake for my niece, it's super easy and very cute. I used a regular cake mix to bake 2 round cakes. Spread frosting on top of one and place second cake on top. Frost entire cake with color of choice. To make the pedals cut a marshmallow in thin layers using clean scissors ( may need to wipe blades with wet rag after each cut to wipe the sticky away, this makes it easier to cut each pedal). Use frosting to adhere a Vanilla Wafer to the center of the pedal arrangements. Little marshmallows work well too for tiny pedals, then use a different color frosting for the center. These marshmallow pedals look great on cupcakes too. Have Fun!

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Evige, that is adorable! I love it!

amynewby said...

That is so pretty! Who figures stuff like this out?? Lizzy's second bday is coming up...

Josh & Kenz said...

You are like Martha Stewart.

Evige said...

I would love to take credit for this Daisy Cake but I saw it in a magazine when I was first married. I saved the picture because I thought I'd have a little girls to make it for some day. Thank goodness for creative minds that share their cutes with us!