Monday, July 21, 2008

A couple of ideas...


The first is the Fathers' Day cards (I know Fathers' Day is long gone, but you could use it next year or adapt it for another occasion-I made one with a dress for a wedding once); it is a super cheap way to make cute, handmade cards (no stamps or embellishments needed). I used some kitschy origami paper but anything paper with a tie-like print would work. I just cut out tie shapes and then glued it on. The result: an inexpensive and handmade way to show the fathers in your life that you care.
The second idea is to take a bouquet of grocery store flowers (which are not arranged at all) and arrange them yourself. I used three vintage glass containers (from Salvation Army) and just separated the flowers into colors and arranged. The result: a set of arrangements that look like they came from a fancy flower shop and not the Low Prices, Everyday leader :)

1 comment:

amynewby said...

Cute cards and flowers Lindsey, I like the arrangements, I love thrift stores, now I'll have to check out vases/ cool holders when I go :) and who doesn't love getting flowers? You can take them to someone who's had a baby, or needs a boost, or just because, and at a price that's right too. thanks!